If you are looking for ways that you, your family, your business or your nonprofit organization can leave a legacy in our community, we offer a variety of tools for giving to make a difference – both now and into the future.
Create your Fund, and start giving!
1. What are your philanthropic goals?
Select the type of Fund that fits your charitable goals. Work with our staff, and your financial advisor if you choose, and you could have your own Fund established in less than a day. Take a look at a few of our Fund agreement samples:
2. What do you want to name your Fund?
You can name your Fund whatever you like! Use your name, that of a family member, the name of a favorite cause, or choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
3. Choose your advisors.
Depending on the type of Fund you establish, you may designate current Fund Advisors such as you and your spouse, and successor advisors such as your children and grandchildren. We'll make sure this information is included in your Fund Agreement.
4. Make an establishing gift.
Funds can be established during your lifetime or by bequest with gifts of cash, publicly held securities, privately held stock, real estate or personal property. Make an establishing gift, and receive a tax deduction at the time the Fund is created and when additional contributions are made to the Fund.
5. Enjoy giving through your Fund!
Once your Fund is established you can:
- Add to the Fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged – whether in the name of the Fund or anonymously.
- Recommend distributions to charities, locally or throughout the United States (if you've established a Donor Advised Fund).
Establishing your own named charitable Fund does not require great wealth, and it isn't complicated.
- You can provide ongoing support to your favorite organizations.
- You can choose different nonprofit organizations each year during your lifetime.
- You can make your own choices, or take advantage of our staff's expertise to help you address the community's most pressing challenges.
- You have the opportunity to distribute gifts during your lifetime or leave a lasting legacy in your will - or both.
We are here to help with all aspects of your charitable giving. If you have any questions about becoming a donor, please let us know.
I quickly saw that my Donor Advised Fund was in good hands with the easy, efficient and caring work of the Community Foundation...
- Rose Steiner, CFCV fundholder
Why give through CFCV?
Let us help you with your charitable giving.
Director of Donor Services