As our partner in giving, you receive the simplicity and tax advantages of a public charity combined with the personal recognition, involvement and flexibility of a private foundation.
You also gain access to the highest level of strategic thinking on ways to meet community challenges to help make your contributions as effective as possible. And because we'll be here forever, there will be a permanent source of funds available for issues you care about.
Giving through CFCV
A Fund can be established with a simple governing document that requires less than an hour to prepare, and we'll carefully guide you through the process. Giving should be enjoyable, not burden you with tax complications and ongoing administrative details. You can establish a charitable fund without having to deal with the complexities of setting up a special-purpose nonprofit corporation. Accomplishing your objectives is made simple by our expert and professional management of your Fund.
We take pride in our ability to customize services to meet your charitable objectives. You may establish a Fund that supports charitable organizations or programs you care about, the community's greatest areas of need, or a broad field of interest. You may also contribute to an existing fund or make an unrestricted gift that our Board of Trustees will put to good use in the community on your behalf.
We are dedicated to ensuring that your charitable giving is as effective as possible. If your Fund operated independently and had to recreate our services on its own, the price tag would be prohibitive. But your Fund will share the costs of a knowledgeable staff, enjoy excellent financial management and benefit from a closely monitored investment strategy. Each donor has committed staff working on his or her behalf.
Ten Reasons People Choose CFCV
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- Our professional staff has broad expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual's charitable and financial interests.
- Our Designated, Field of Interest and Donor Advised Funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage under state and federal law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them for investment purposes.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are a community leader, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.
We are available to help you with all aspects of your giving experience. If you have questions about becoming a donor, please let us know!
You make a gift to the Community Foundation and they give you the information that you need for your finances, and then you can give the money out to the charities of your choice.
- Thad Estes, CFCV fundholder & Senior VP of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Want to learn more about starting a Fund?
Let us help you with your charitable giving.
Director of Donor Services